Quilt Preparation Instructions
Following these instructions will make it possible for us to do the very best job possible with your quilt! If you have questions, please let us know!
- The quilt back must be at least 8 inches larger, in both width and length, than the quilt top.
- Batting also needs to be at least 8 inches larger, in both width and length, than the quilt top. I carry batting in the studio, so it’s not necessary to provide your own. For pricing information, please click on the “Quilting Services” tab above. If you would like to provide your own batting, that is great. However, I will only quilt on high quality batting. If you would like to provide your own batting, please let me know ahead of time so we can make sure the quality is acceptable for machine quilting.
- Please don’t baste the quilt layers together!
- It’s very important that the quilt top and back are square. If they are not, ruffles, tucks, pleats, and fullness can occur. I do my best to work in any fullness, but occasionally, some pleating or tucking occurs.
- Quilt tops must be free from embellishments.
- If your borders are pieced and you don’t want them to separate, please stay-stitch 1/8″ from the edge to keep the seams from splitting.
Quilt Shipment Instructions
- Please take a picture of your completed quilt top before shipping.
- Before putting your quilt in a box, we suggest wrapping it in plastic to protect the fabric from possible moisture.
- Include your name, email address, phone number, and return shipping address inside the box.
- Email me at email@example.com for shipping address.
- Notify me when your quilt has shipped so I can email you and let you know when it has arrived.
*WE HIGHLY SUGGEST GETTING TRACKING ON ALL QUILT SHIPMENTS! If the quilt you are sending is irreplaceable and very special to you, you may want to consider signature confirmation and/or additional insurance. Kwilt It! cannot be responsible for quilt shipments that we do not receive.